Saturday, March 28, 2009

so this week I attended the Southern Graphics Council printmaking conference in Chicago
here are some highlights that I saw while there
there's my print on display as part of the conference's portfolio exchange.

this is from Columbia's book arts gallery. Some of those really are rocks, but most of them are books that have been sanded into rock shapes. every podium in the book arts gallery has gloves and they encourage viewers to put them on and handle the books


Columbia student's handmade papers



I don't know how well you can see whats going on here from the picture I took, but this box contains 15 or so screenprinted sheets of plexiglass suspended with an inch or two of air in between each of them. The effect is pretty cool.


Woodblock printing applied to 3-dimensional art.




No comments: