Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Summer of Sketches












Hey team
I know I haven't posted anything in a while (but it's not like anyone reads this thing anyway)
It may have appeared that I hadn't been working, but that simply isn't true. I don't know if I've ever been more disciplined about sketching than I was this summer, I just haven't had access to a good scanner.
In NYC I had access to a lot of good resources. The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Museum of Natural History are both free (well, suggested donation actually . . . and since I am broke as a joke I donated $0 and walked on on in) and so I visited them both once a week, sometimes more. Also, at Society of Illustrators I went to sketch night every Tuesday and Thursday where I had access to the live models. My book was totally full with still a week to go in the city.
Now I'm back in Detroit . . . more sketches to come soon!

No comments: