Monday, April 12, 2010

A Piece in Context

Remember that one time that I did an image of Medusa for the cover of a hypothetical book on Greek mythology?
That was fun.
The only reason I bring it up now is because Dave Chow thinks it prudent that I do a mockup of a book cover for my portfolio, so I took some time last week to throw a little something together. I chose to flatter myself and pretend that I had been commissioned to do an image for the cover of not just any mythology book, but the biggest one in print Edith Hamilton's Mythology.
As you know, I am a sorry wretch of a graphic designer, so please do not judge my treatment of type too harshly (I admittedly did not spend too terrible much time on the design).
I printed it out and wrapped it around my beloved copy of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
Here it is, a quick mock-up of one of my illustrations in context, getting serious action from actual human hands.
I'm only unsure as to whether I should shoot more carefully lit and staged photographs of it, or if I should just roll with the realness.
What do you think?

1 comment:

Lauren Moyer said...

That is soooo wonderful! I love edith hamilton... i've read too many of her books. nerd alert :)

It looks great!