Thursday, September 16, 2010

sketchy sketch sketch at the met

hey team,
last night in the first official class of my graduate painting studio, our professor (taking a deconstructive approach) had us draw lit cubes and spheres in charcoal for 3 hours. It was like a freshman drawing class, and while I didn't completely embarrass myself, it was also not my finest hour.
thankfully, I was able to restore my self-esteem a wee bit today, when our writing workshop professor sent us to the met, which is one of my all time favorite places to sketch!
even though I have been to the met dozens of times, today I found significantly large rooms that I had never before come across, including one of my new favorite spots, the visible storage gallery.
Here are the doodles from today:
Panther and Cubs, by Edward Kemeysbust of Paul Wayland Bartlett, by Clinton Ogilviedid not bother to keep the info on the following

2 comments:

Prad Savania said...

Hello There! How’s it going?

Impressive post/BlogSpot indeed!

I think you will really enjoy viewing my shoe design BlogSpot! All my designs are hand-drawn also! I hope that my illustrations will help me get a step into the design industry! Let me know your opinion! Take care

Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

Prad Savania said...

Thanx for following! Keep checking back for my latest posts!

Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com