Monday, October 4, 2010

i entered another contest . . .

ArtPrize, for Gordie and I anyway, has ended. The griffins didn't catch enough votes to stay in the top ten (out of 1700 entries) so for us, the journey is over. Oh well, it sucks to be me. But at least we learned some things about how the game is played and now that we did something for ArtPrize we are in a better position to market ourselves to sponsors and to the downtown power-venues should we choose to participate in next year's competition.
And since we are knocked out of the competition, we are encouraging our supporters to vote for "Svelata" by Mia Tavonatti. We think it especially in the interests of justice that that atrocious steam pig not win, lest we establish the precedent for all future ArtPrizes that SIZE and VENUE are all that matters, not quality or concept or any of that other crap.
In the meantime, I found this other contest to enter, and anyone from anywhere in the world can vote on it, so why dont you pop over there and vote for me. I paid no mind whatsoever to the theme and just uploaded last year's Christmas card, and the voting period was half over by the time I found about it, so I need all the help I can get if I am to have any chance at all.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Dude sweet! I was going to enter that contest this week! Yay for us!

Lauren

A.E. Kieren said...

hurray! let us all know when you get it uploaded so we can go vote!