Thursday, November 4, 2010

new sketchbook day!

Last week I ran out of pages in my sketchbook, and I himmed and hawed about getting a new one because the moleskine costs about 18 bucks or so, and I die a little inside every time I have to shell out for the new one.
So yesterday for a change of pace I bought an offbrand landscape sketchbook, (sorry, moleskine). Some day when I'm a baller I'll do the moleskine exclusively, but in the impoverished meantime I will have to alternate, springing for the moleskine sometimes and slumming with other books other times.
With this page, I inaugurate the new sketchbook. (do please click on it to enlarge)

2 comments:

Vincent said...

Can you let me know if it holds up? I bought Piccadilly once and the spine was crackin something fierce even 20 pages in. I've gotten spoiled w/ Moleskine 'cause I want my sketchbooks to survive me.

A.E. Kieren said...

and these days art directors and employers dont just want to see portfolios, they want to see sketchbooks, and moleskine is the best presentation