Friday, February 11, 2011

nude of the week (it's a lady!)


hey team,
men are so much easier to paint. But this week we had a female model who looked a wee bit through the face like Uma Thurman, which I approve of.
I did a close crop of the face and upper torso because usually in these three hour sittings I don't have enough time to give the face the finesse it needs. Actually that's not why. I did this crop because Ryan Hartley made me move so my view of the pose had an extremely foreshortened pair of legs shooting right at me, and I wasn't in the mood to go through that again. Females are hard enough to paint without that.

I suppose it turned out decent enough. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought a square canvas, and the flesh and the background are very close in color (which is certainly unfortunate) but that shouldn't stop you from buying it.

No comments: