Thursday, September 19, 2013

Album Art for Miss Teresa Reynolds

I was asked to do some packaging art for a soon to be released single for Teresa Reynolds of WCP Comedy
I did 3 variations, working with type around two different illustrations.  The first illustration is a somewhat psychedelic watercolor/gouache.  Because this is a music project I wanted to pay homage to classic Rolling Stone illustration
this one being my favorite.  I don't know if Teresa has the name recognition to pull off having most of her name obscured by her face, but I still think it is the most successful illustration and design


this one is nice too because it shows the textures and effects achieved by the watercolor 

and this was also fun because it reminds me of my beloved Donny Miller and also takes me back to when I was an uncomplicated wee lad listening to Weezer


No comments: