Saturday, March 20, 2010

more reference shoot shenanigans

Hey team,
Last summer I had an idea for a painting that would require quality reference of a Moluccan Cockatoo. As luck would have it, my friend Tracey Jean Dalton is the owner of a three-year old cockatoo named Lewie. We booked some time in a studio, and Tracey brought Lewie in to shoot with my model. For this image I asked Sean Nemoto, a friend of mine from transportation design to pose for me. He has posed for me before.
Now of course my final image will be a little more interesting than man and cockatoo.
No, sir. There will be eight cockatoos when all is said and done. And I expect the cockatoos will be a fair but pinker in my rendition than Lewie is in real life.
Per usual, i expect to have this one all done and painted up inside of 3 weeks, so check back for the finish

2 comments:

Tracey J. Dalton said...

Awesome! It's Louie. But still awesome. I'm excited :-)

A.E. Kieren said...

oh very well then,
i thought it might be spelled "louis" per the French, but i ended up guessing it was a more American "Lewie"
o well, in any future posts that it gets mentioned in the bird will be referref to as Louie