Monday, May 17, 2010

R.I.P. Agent Skully

Alas, Agent Skully, we barely knew ye.

It seemed a crying shame to throw away my anatomy model. After all, I slaved over this thing for an entire semester back in second year, and the anatomy model is one of those things that we all had to do. It is a shared experience that binds all of us CCS illustration weenies together forever. I didn't want to throw it away. In my mind I pictured my children's children's children admiring it and smiling as they think on the stories I will tell them about the Amazing Clark. He was an especially well done anatomy model, in my own humble estimation. Albeit, my attempt at an elegant contrapposto resulted in an anatomy model who appears to be shrugging his shoulders and saying "where's the party at?"

In the end, today as I begin my escape from the Motor City, the blessed Exodus I have waited so long for, there simply is no room for Agent Skully in my car. He's a fragile thing, and probably wouldn't survive the drive anyway. He can't be donated because he already has a broken hand. So I left him in one of the dumpsters . . . unfortunately certain cargo had to be jettisoned if I was ever going to make it back to that glorious jewel on the river .

So thanks for the good times, Agent Skully. Good luck and God Bless.

No comments: